The history of the Department of Automobile Electronics goes back to 1937. The department was the only electrotechnical department of Kharkiv Automobile and Highway Institute (KhADI) until 1960.
The founder and the first head of the department was PhD (Engineering), Associate Professor Bocharov Petro Alexandrovich, a man of high erudition, energy and principle, who headed the department until 1954.
The 21st century is the era of microelectronics. A new stage in the development of the department began at the turn of the century. In 2004, the DEPARTMENT OF AUTOMOBILE ELECTRONICS was given its current name. In 2005, DSci (Engineering), Professor Bazhynov Oleksii Vasylovych was appointed the Head of the Department.
The graduates successfully work at such enterprises as SE “Malyshev Plant”, SE “Komunar”, HELZ, automobile repair works, as well as in various service stations, in commercial enterprises related to production, modernization, repair and maintanence of modern vehicles and agricultural machinery, powerful industrial vehicles of mining and metallurgical complexes.